Tuesday, August 7, 2012

i weight and i weight...

for those of you who follow the blog (and the even smaller group that might care), i thought i might update you on the Progress of My Journey. (and by that i mean my feeble attempts at weight loss through dieting.) i have been dieting now for a month -- tracking carbs and calories on My Daily Plate.

what i have discovered about myself over the last month is ... i suck at this (and NOT in a good way). apparently, dieting requires a measure of will power and determination that i simply do not have. of course, this is not news -- not to myself or anyone who knows me.

i figure i have approximately sixty-something years on this earth and why i should make even a moment of that unhappy or uncomfortable escapes me. i simply do not believe anyone has ever gone to Heaven and said, "oh thank you God that i worked out so diligently those ten years." (cuz it better not happen next to me. i like to think in Heaven i will be much more tolerant but, well... let's not test it, ok??)

so far, after diligently exercising (yes i did. don't you dare question!) and dieting, i have gained 4 pounds. now, i'm assuming its all muscle for my vigorous morning workout. this is to be expected i assume. i have been walking off the weight doing laps in the pool every morning. i love it! it is cool, low-impact, and - should i start to sweat - i can cool off quickly just by dipping into the water. (look, don't be a hater.) should i drop pounds soon, expect a workout video. (just sayin')

of course, the secret to my success (wait, didn't i GAIN 4 pounds?) is my personal chef Russelle Parsones. without him i would be subsisting off a diet of vienna sausages, hot dogs, and rotisserie chicken. i have to thank him for his love and support, cooking for me low-carb and encouraging my weight loss. (wait... didn't i GAIN 4 pounds??)

eh, either way i figure i'm a Winner. either i lose a few pounds and my clothes are looser or i remain the happiest, most well-fed bitch in a beach town. i'm sorry. you just can't argue with results like those.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. I will try to read them and approve them quickly. ~ If you are going to be hateful, just be intelligent. I have no time or patience for raging idiots as long as bullets are cheap.