Tuesday, July 10, 2012

So, Goodbye Yukon Gold ...

so, yeah. if you've been with me on The Daily Plate then you know that i have really sucked at limiting my daily caloric intake. not that i'm terribly surprised. let's face it. if i was any good at dieting i would do it more often. still, i did lose 2 of the 9 pounds i gained in the first week...

anyway, it's become painfully obvious that i cannot keep my calories below 1600 per day AND eat and drink both. wth??? that's like "Sophie's Choice"! it's like asking me to choose between Britney & Ke$ha. (shudders)

hell, it's like telling me i have to choose between weight loss and my marriage; because, honestly?, have you eaten Russ's cooking??? and he brings the plate -- piled high with delicious smelling food -- to me at the computer. i don't even have to walk to the kitchen! (and you know how i feel about walking, right?) not to mention, how many times can i be expected to say "No" to the question, "honey, would you like a cocktail?"

so, i am headed back to the Atkins Diet. really i'm good with that. it should be the official diet of all homosexuals. (think about it -- lots of greasy meat, all the cocktails you can drink, and endless plates of tiny cheese cubes you can eat with rainbow colored toothpicks.) i have done the diet many times and always with success. you just can't argue with success ... or history ... especially not a history of success.

and this is just breakfast!

yes. i will miss you potatoes and cheese toast. i will yearn for pasta and rice. i will steal a lustful glance at the cakes and doughnuts as i pass hurriedly through the Winn Dixie bakery. but! i have an arsenal of low-carb recipes on The Daily Plate to battle my cravings. Russ is an awesome personal chef and loves to grill, broil, pan-sear, bake, or slow cook any and all kinds of meat at my request. (take that as you will.)


1 Comments -- Say Something!:

  1. Rainbow colored toothpicks. <3 Atkins diet is the rich man diet.. but heck I need to do it w you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. I will try to read them and approve them quickly. ~ If you are going to be hateful, just be intelligent. I have no time or patience for raging idiots as long as bullets are cheap.