Monday, July 2, 2012

Here I Grow Again

dear friends, i want to thank you in advance for all your loving support and i deeply apologize for my future behavior as i can only imagine it will be intolerable. why, you may ask? the time has come again ... to ... (i just can't bring myself to say it) ... diet.

now, i am not rescinding my earlier pronouncements such as, "fat is not an ugly word in my house." after all, fat is a fun word. it makes a funny sound. its short and easy to say. hell, its practically the word "fun" if you squint at it.

the simple truth is that i am now straining the upper limits of my wardrobe and the only thing worse than dieting is shopping for clothes in a bigger size. (in fact, i've mentioned this and never got a definitive answer but; if you are too big to fit in your clothes and too poor to buy cute new ones -- does that qualify you as "homebound"?)

i am prepared to share my journey with you all. i even invite you to bravely share your own struggles alongside me. i will be tracking all of my eating (honestly and shamelessly) on The Daily Plate. It's a great way to monitor your diet and exercise (if you are into that kind of thing) and it's FREE. plus, the more of us that boldly and publicly reveal our gluttonous lifestyles, the more we can encourage, scold, and deride one another. this will not only help us to succeed but allow us to indulge in schadenfreude. (yeah, there are probably a lot of other words i could've used there but, c'mon! how often do you get to trot out a word like that?) even now, i'm typing this with a chocolate smeared plate staring up at me with blatant contempt.

so, are you in -- or are you out??

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. I will try to read them and approve them quickly. ~ If you are going to be hateful, just be intelligent. I have no time or patience for raging idiots as long as bullets are cheap.