Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Thieving Medical Bastards

so i had Russ call the doctor today to check the results of my blood work. thing is, i've been having muscle spasms, muscle soreness, feet swelling, and weight gain. i looked it up. all symptoms of hypothyroidism -- which runs in my family. so i asked him to call and get the doctor to check my blood work, see if that was my problem.

he called. nope. thyroid levels are fine. diabetes? nope. glucose levels are fine. but! my liver enzymes are way too high. doctor wants me to have an ultrasound on my liver. wait. what?

see, just a few years ago my liver enzymes were up and the doctor sent me for a biopsy. i didn't question it. i had Insurance. it's an outpatient procedure. doctor says i "need' it. yeah, right.

what nobody said and i was too stupid to find out beforehand is that no procedure is covered 100% (my naivete seems sweet now) and my portion came to about $1300 AND there's a possibility the needle might puncture a lung or cause internal bleeding.

all this so the doctor could inform me, "You have a fatty liver." really? and all this time i thought that lazy ass organ was out jogging without me. i mean, of course i have a fatty liver. i have a fatty ass too. no "procedure" required. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments. I will try to read them and approve them quickly. ~ If you are going to be hateful, just be intelligent. I have no time or patience for raging idiots as long as bullets are cheap.